Need Help - E2K Installtion Failure

  • From: "Abdul Hakeem" <abdulhakeem7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:38:56 +0600

Dear All,

OS is W2K & I was trying to install E2K but failed during the Messaging
& Collaboration Svc's area due to some error which I couldnt make a note
of. It said something about 'see the event log for..'

Then I hit the cancel button & went to the event log but couldnt find any unusual error logs. So I went thro' the E2K's uninstall procedure
& to my dismay it kept certain files inside its folder in the C drive
and I deleted them manually to flush the entire folder!! hoping that
E2K uninstall did the needful to remove the register entries etc.

When I try to install E2K now, the following error appears:

The component "Microsoft Exch. Messaging & Collaboration Svc's" cannot be assigned the action "Install" because;

  A server object for this server ("ServerName") already exists in the
Administrative Group "First Admin. Group". You must either remove this
Server object before installing, or run setup with "disaster recovery"
switch if you're attempting to recover this server.

And there's this OK button to come out of this...?

I am a newbie for Win2K/E2K. So kindly advise me on this situ. pls.

Thanking you all in advance.
Hakeem.

Internet access plans that fit your lifestyle -- join MSN. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp