RE: Name resolution of domain listed in email address

  • From: "Jamie A. Byrnes" <jabyrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:16:58 +0930

Paul,

Assuming that the unix box is sending to only one recipient you could
setup an exchange user with a rule to autoforward any incoming mail to
the vendor account. The outgoing mail should then have the correct
address.

Alternatively, if you have a spare valid net IP you could add an A
record for the unix box so that reverse DNS works. The box does not have
to be visible from the internet for this to work, only the nameserver.

Jamie.