[ExchangeList] Re: NTFS ( 16 Exabyte's )

  • From: "Jose Medeiros" <josemedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:43:33 -0700

Your right the limit is 2 TB on fat 32, ( 2 to the 32nd power = 2TB:
2147483648 ). The LUN was a RAW 2047GB vdisk off an HP EVA 8000 that I just
implemented. I formated it using NTFS.  The EVA also has a 2047 GB limit per
LUN that is carved. I was just curious why the OS only shows 1.9TB, as it
appears that it is missing space. Or could it be the MFT reserving space?

Jose