RE: NT to W2K and Exchange Migration problem

  • From: "Rich Tibbets" <rtibbets@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:52:10 -0400

It's been awhile but I thought since I had 5.5 Servers in the org I
could not go Native until the last server was out?  Switching to native
mode is within Active Directory so I'm at a stale mate I need to get the
user accounts migrated over but I can't use ADMT until I'm in Native
mode.

Am I wrong about the 5.5 and Exchange Mix needing to stay in Mixed mode?
My exchange setup is one org and two SMTP connectors on the Exchange
2000 box's all is working fine.  It's just getting past this dilemma. I
will go back and re-look the migration docs again.

Just a side note my predecessor all ready used the disabled accounts for
one of the domains.  So far no problems and it's been months since this
the change. I need follow MS recommendations for changing permissions on
them.

Thanks

Rich