NO EXTERNAL EMAIL

  • From: "lemoore" <lemoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:50:18 -0600

hi as above no external mail being delivered.

i'm running exchange 2003 on a home network and had problems the other day
with my dns.  that has since been sorted but now mail has stopped being
delivered.  outbound is of course fine, and the address it sends out from
is correct (alias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

background: home domin is called amsw.cobblerz.net but i changed the
default domain policy so mail addresses are @cobblerz.co.uk.  this was
fine, but after testing i noticed the address it was coming from was
username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx instead of the alias i gave it. I have since
unticked the "automatically update recipent addresses based on policy" box
on the users email addresses page and it seems to be ok, but still no
external mail.

I am on a dynamic IP but have update system in place with my hot,
dyndns.org so that shouldn't be causing a problem.  have checked on their
system and IP has updated !

i am sitting behind a dlink dsl604+ router and have port 25 forwarding to
my exchange server. as i said, this was fine but now not..

any help much appreciated, it's driving me mad..

thanks guys