NDR's sometimes??

  • From: "Peter Forster" <pforster@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:30:32 -0800

Hi all, ever since I moved SBS with Exchange into the LAN segment only I
have intermittent email NDR's from certain recipients. Now the ISA FW
publishes to this secureNAT email server and all mail goes out 100%.
However, some of the mail bounces back to original recipient on a reply.
I have tried HELO instead of EHELO to no avail, here is a snipit from
the NDR.

Slightly changed only to provide anonymity

----- Forwarded message from Mail Delivery System
<Mailer-Daemon@.SYNTAX-ERROR.> -----
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:51:36 -0800
From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@.SYNTAX-ERROR.>
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
To: kuser@xxxxxx

  ruser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
    host mail. companyname.net [xx.xxx.xx.25]: 500 5.3.3 Unrecognized
command

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a million.
Peter