RE: NDR

  • From: Chris Buechler <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:13:27 -0500

ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

http://www.MSExchange.org/
Why am I gettting this particular error with this server? If I log into arcsmtp5 and do a telnet session to another SMTP server its fine, they recognize my server as arcsmtp5.redcross.org which is correct,

Only because you specified no HELO and it assumed your reverse DNS. Exchange will use the FQDN of your box in its HELO by default, which is what you're seeing here.

rather than arcsmtp5.arcdmz.re.redcross.org which is the internal DNS name and would be no public A record for this.

You need to go to the properties of your SMTP virtual server, the Delivery tab, Advanced button, and fill in the proper external FQDN there.

regards,
-Chris