RE: NDR

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:22:23 -0500

Why am I gettting this particular error with this server? If I log into
arcsmtp5 and do a telnet session to another SMTP server its fine, they
recognize my server as arcsmtp5.redcross.org which is correct, rather
than arcsmtp5.arcdmz.re.redcross.org which is the internal DNS name and
would be no public A record for this.

220 mta18.srv.hcvlny.cv.net -- Server ESMTP (Sun Java System Messaging
Server 6.
2-4.03 (built Sep 22 2005))
helo
251 mta18.srv.hcvlny.cv.net system name not given in HELO command,
arcsmtp5.redc
ross.org [162.6.217.41].