RE: Mytob Virus Problem

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 02:19:31 -0700

Contact Symantec and scream at them.

Any AV software that insists on deleting an infected attachment and then
passing on the message is worthless.

There is never ever ever never any reason to even think of passing on an
infected message whether you remove the attachment, rename it, replace it,
what ever.

A virus infected message is just that, a virus infected message. It has
absolutely no legit value and must be out right deleted. If you want to
quarantine the whole message for a couple of days and then delete, that is
fine.

But this non-sense of AV software giving you the option or making you delete
or change the attachment and then sending on the message is outright stupid.

John T

eServices For You