Mytob Virus Problem

  • From: "Muhammad Ilyas" <ilyas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:29:13 +0500

Dear All,

               We are facing some problems regarding W32.Mytob.FU@mm  (name
according to Symantec) worm. We have Symantec mail Security 4.6 installed on
our exchange 2000 server. Mail Security action for an infected message is
defined as "delete entire message" for all policies with no mail to internal
/ external sender. This is working fine in our environment for single mail
messages.  But when a message is sent at groupaliases (e.g.
staff@xxxxxxxxxxx), message is delivered but infected attachment is deleted.
We are working on why that message is delivered as out action is set to
delete entire message.

Is anybody can help me to get this problem solved?

Any suggestions / measures to be taken against W32.Mytob.FU@mm worm. Anybody
can help?

Also which antivirus for exchange is best?

Thanks in advance,

Muhammad Ilyas