RE: Mutliple Recipient Update Services.

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:45:25 -0400

Adding to the number of RUS's is not a problem.  In fact, in large
environments it's a way to make things faster and more predictable in terms
of updates. However, you really should not put Exchange on a DC if it's not
a GC.  IIRC, this can be problematic to you in the way that Exchange finds
usable Active Directory pieces.

You can also just configure the RUS you already have to use a different DC
if you wanted to; by default it likely chose the one you are running on.

Al

  _____