Multiple virtual domain in the single exchange 2000 organization

  • From: "Badri Khanal" <badri.khanal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 03:06:04 -0700

HI! I have created 2 more virtual domains in our main domain named
"umn.org.np". One of those domain is named "rdc.umn.org.np" and they have
a pop account in our server. When I send email to a user in that domain
ie. abc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx using outlook 2000, the actual email address is
changed to abc (outlook resolves the name here).

RDC is the name of their office. They use MDaemon as their mail server.
They connect to our server a couple of times in a day through dial up and
send/receive their mails. User ABC then connects to their MDaemon server
(using IMAP protocol)to access his mails.

The problem is, he can not receive the email that I sent in his
"abc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" account. Instead, such emails are stored in
rdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailbox in their MDaemon server.

Does anyone know what is the reason and how I can fix this problem?

Badri

 All the emails to that domain are handled by MDaemon mail server in RDC's
office.