Multiple locations of exchange

  • From: "Mike French" <mikef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:09:03 -0600

Here is a question from a client of mine:

Exchange 2003 Enterprise on Windows 2000 Server. Point to point T-1's
between the two sites in question.

If I have Exchange server A in Dallas, and Exchange server B in Montana,
user mailboxes would normally reside on only one server, correct? If I lost
server A to a flood, it's users are SOL, correct? Can server A's mailboxes
be replicated on server B to avoid that situation, or would that be
considered setting up a cluster. I guess I'm trying to accomplish mailboxes
in two locations for redundancy. Any thoughts?

How about this one?

If I create a public folder for a project, so that all users can store their
correspondence in that folder for collaboration, can I keep the 'data' for
that project on a file server and somehow 'link' the two? I'd rather not
store GB's of data in an Exchange store. Is this a crazy question?

Can the list help be answer this one???

Mike French

MIS OnlineServices
754 Port America Place
Suite 150
Grapevine, TX 76051
(888) 327-5647
(817) 488-1600
FAX (817) 488-1103
MikeF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\MikeF.MIS\Application%20Data\Microsof
t\Signatures\www.misonlineservices.com> www.misonlineservices.com