Multiple domains on exchange5.5

  • From: "Indra Chandrakalum" <chandrakalum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 05:40:43 -0600

Hi,
We are currently having 2 e mail domains, one is on
Exchange5.5 on Win2k server(let's name it as mydomain.com)
and other on a unix machine with a seperate IP address(let's name it as
company.mydomain.com) for the internal staff members.
Now we need to transfer company.mydomain.com server(which
is on Unix) also to the exchange server.
I learnt that this is possible by changing DNS settings and IMS of
Exchange.
But can I keep the existing IP for "company.mydomain.com" in exchange
server? if so how to edit the dns?
Currently those who login to unix server has "company.mydomain.com" as its
smtp/pop3 on their client pc's. Should this setting be changed as
"company.com" or can I continue as it was.?

Appreciate any advice to initiate the process
Rgds,