RE: Multiple SMTP relay servers

  • From: "David Wilhoit" <kidego@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:18:08 -0400

I suppose you could configure the IMC on 5.5 to use DNS for routing to a
smarthost, but your internal DNS would need MX records for the 2 relay servers,
and the Exchange servers would only be able to use internal DNS (which is
really a good thing). Then the MX records it found would be weighted with
priority, or equally weighted. I haven't done this internally myself, but I
believe it would work.

David Wilhoit
Microsoft Exchange MVP 2004

"Gravity is a harsh mistress!" -The Tick