[ExchangeList] Multiple Location Exchange Migration

  • From: "Mitul Zaveri" <mitul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:48:45 +0530

Hi All:

The current scenario is as mentioned below;

# We have Linux mailing Servers at 9 locations with 1 node running at each
location and mailboxes on each node.(Total 7000 mailboxes)

# The Server at the HO serves as SMTP gateway as well as MX Server.

# The other nodes don't have direct Internet Access to send out Emails,
however they are connected to the HO thru IP links/VPN.

# The HO Server is also the master LDAP Server.

The above solution needs to be migrated to an Exchange Based Solution. Since
we are in a process of migration we plan it to move it Exchange 2007 instead
of Exchange 2003 to avoid future migration again.

We need to provide a Cost Effective + High Availability Solution to the
management. This is what we have planned so far as far as the architecture
is concerned;

# At HO:

Domain Controller (1 No) + Additional Domain Controller (1 No)

Client Access Server + Hub Transport Server (2 No's)

Mail Box Server (2) connected to a SAN Box.

# At one branch office (where we have maximum no of users)

Additional Domain Controller

Client Access Server + Hub Transport Server (1 No)

Mail Box Server (1 No)

Rest all the Branch Offices will connect to the HO Directly for their mails.

Kindly let me know if we are missing out on any point.

Thanks & Regards

Mitul Z

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
NetMagic Solutions Pvt. Ltd. has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize
this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any
virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before
opening the e-mail or attachment. NetMagic Solutions Pvt. Ltd. reserves the
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail address.

Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the NetMagic
Solutions Pvt. Ltd.'s e-mail system.