RE: Moving to a new facility

  • From: "Shawn Moua" <smoua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:22:14 -0700

Depending on the complexity of your network/data structure you may to
look into outside help.  Giving a bit more detail about you current
network setup and any changes you want to make in the new location will
provide us with better directions for you.  Basically, to minimize
downtime you should always have the second site connected and running
(as far as internet connectivity).  Basically, what you will need to
change is IPs, gateways, and routing information (if any).  Also, if you
are running any sort of public web servers you will probably want to add
this information as well.  It's not as complicated as you may think..but
careful planning will save you tons of headaches and not to mention