RE: Moving to a new facility

  • From: "Lara, Greg" <GLara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:56:49 -0400

Not sure about examples, but I suggest you speak with your network/data
provider and discuss the details with them. New circuits will have to be
brought in to the new facility and you'll have to either connect new network
gear configured for the new IP address scheme, or reconfigure your existing
gear accordingly. In list form, it would look like:

1. Order data service "move" to new facility through your ISP.
Alternatively, order new service with new ISP.
2. ISP delivers new circuits to the new facility.
3. The network is set up at new facility w/new or reconfigured equipment
(the timing depends on availability of gear and your business's tolerance
for down time).

Based on the above list, you should be able to begin writing up a project
plan by coming up with tasks associated with the above steps, filling in the
specifics for your situtation.

Ideally your new network will be up and running prior to the move, so
there's a minimum of downtime. This however, is the more expensive route,
since you'll need functioning networks in both old and new facilities during
the transition. It's possible you could use rented network gear to configure
and test the new network, then reconfigure your existing gear when the
actual move takes place.

--
Greg Lara

notify the sender by return e-mail.  If you are not the intended
prohibited.