Moving to Exchange 2003

  • From: "Craig Weil" <craig_weil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:48:16 -0800

Greets all!

Currently, I am running an Exchange 2000 server and wish to move over to a new
(different) Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003.  Is the process the
same as it was when you wanted to move from Exchange 2000 to 2000? (backups,
install the server and Exchange 2003, apply service packs, dcpromo the server,
create mailbox and public stores that match the old server, fsmo roles
switched, the list goes on). OR is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

Craig