Moving to Enterprise Edition

  • From: "Lorie Gordon" <lgordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]' \(E-mail\)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:07:35 -0600

This is my situation:

Currently running Exchange 2000 standard edition with limited hard drive
space and large database.  We would like to move to a larger server and
enterprise edition.  I would like to install Enterprise edition on the new
server and then restore from backup of old server.  Is this possible or do I
need to install standard edition on new server, restore backup, and then
upgrade to enterprise?  Any suggestions that you can give would be
appreciated.  Also, have any of you had any problems with upgrading to
Enterprise?

Thanks,
Lorie