[ExchangeList] Moving mailboxes to different store

  • From: "Jabber Wock" <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 09:13:14 -0400

Hi,

On an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server, I need to move several mailboxes from one store to another (from the "First Storage Group" to another storage group).  Are there any ramifications of moving mailboxes, and is there a way to reliably and "correctly" move several mailboxes at once?

When I go to ESM, Servers, SERVERNAME, First Storage Group, Mailbox Store, Mailboxes, I see some but not all mailboxes, presumably because some do not have any email in them.  How do I make sure all the ones I want to move, get moved?  (All mailboxes were sent mail to "initialize them" when they were first set up some weeks ago so I am a little puzzled why some mailboxes are not showing up in ESM).

TIA!

JW