RE: Moving from Enterprise 2003 to Standard 2003

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:21:04 -0500

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:46:48 -0500, Michael B. Smith <michael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> Either should work. Exchange 2003 runs on Windows 2000, so you don't
> have to upgrade your schema to A/D 2003 - just Exchange 2003.

I want the Exchange platform to be 2003 on 2003 Server.

What about these questions:

 6) Exmerge and import PST's and connect the mailboxes to the new
accounts (How will it know which account goes with which mailbox if they
are brand new AD accounts?)

6) Exmerge and import PST's and connect the mailboxes to the existing
2000 AD accounts (Is this even possible to associate PST'd mailboxes to
totally different user accounts in a 2000 forest?)

> Another poster did suggest the following KB (which I had never seen
> before):
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840015
>
> which might be easier for you.

I neglected to mention that I there are two storage groups each with
one database. :(
How would I restore the databases contained within the second SG?

Thanks,

...D

...D