RE: Moving cluster into new hardware

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:19:27 -0400

Wouldn't it make more sense to evict one node of the cluster, add in the new
hardware, rejoin the cluster, and then repeat for the other node?  Isn't
that one of the advantages of the cluster technology?

I believe there's also a whitepaper on how to recover a cluster, but moving
to new hardware may not be covered.