Moving Users From Parent Domain To Child Domain

  • From: "Gautam" <jkakkar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:52:46 -0600

Hi ,
We have 2 sites and both the sites are connected with Fibre and have
Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 as Mail Server. The Parent Domain
Controller is on  Site 1. and we have the ADC at Site 2. The problem have
are facing is that the moment Site 1 is down or we loose connectivity by
fibre cut the authentication of users in Site 2 stops giving an Error of
GC not Available. One of my manager has suggested that if we create a
Child Domain, then there won't be any Logon Problems.

The main problem what I am facing is that how can we move users from
Parent Domain to Child Domain. What steps should one follow and how to
migrate users from Exchange Server to another Exchange server(Child
Domain)

Eagerly waiting for ur response as my hob is at atake.
Regardsm
Gautam