RE: Moving Mailboxes from C drive to D

  • From: "Anthony Kariuki" <a.kariuki@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:17:38 +0300

I believe what you are talking about is moving the location of the databases
(Mailbox and Public folder stores)  and probably transaction logs as well. You
will need to change the location via MailBox Store properties - Database tab
and browse to a new location. So if your current location is say C:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv.edb, you could move to
D:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv.edb.

There was also a couple of postings related to this recently including why you
should keep transaction logs on a different hard disk device if performance is
of critical importance.

Anthony