RE: Moving Exchange 2003 / win 2003 to cluster and enterprise editions.

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:52:59 -0500

Syed,
You will be installing two new servers as your cluster nodes. Join the
existing organization and admin group. Create all Information stores and
other cluster resources. Create some test mailboxes in the cluster, make
sure all is working well. Do some failover tests etc. Move some pilot
mailboxes to the cluster and test for a week or so. Once convinced all
is well, start moving all remaining mailboxes to the cluster. If you
plan to get rid of the old server you need to make sure you replicate
all Public folders and system folders to the cluster as well. Remember
to change al connector references to the new cluster server. You may
want to change the RG master if required.

Raj