[ExchangeList] Re: Moving Exchange 2003 to new AD forest

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 05:42:39 -0800 (PST)

I am using exchange 2003 migration wizard to move mailbox from one exchange 2003 organization to another exchange 2003 organization. Both are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on windows 2003 SP1.
I get this error when I type in source exchange server name and credentials. I am running this tool from target exchange server.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeMig
Event ID: 7048
Computer: serverName
When I searched, I come to know this problem was there in exchange 2000 and it got fixed with 2000 sp2. However I am using exchange 2003 with sp2 and I am trying to move between two exchange 2003 forest.
What has gone wrong, please suggest.
Praveen R

Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Create the accounts with ADMT v3 and move the mailboxes with ExMerge.

On 11/24/06, Praveen Ramaswamy < ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How can i move exchange 2003 sp2 server to new windows 2003 forest. I have exchange 2003 ent sp2 on windows 2003 sp1.
Praveen R
Do You Yahoo!?

CPDE - Certified Petroleum Distribution Engineer
CCBC - Certified Canadian Beer Consumer