[ExchangeList] Re: Moving Exchange 2003 to New Hardware

  • From: Simon Butler <simon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:33:23 +0000

Many people have said that it was useful.
As long as you take your time, do things in the right order and do not shutdown the old server too early or before all the data has been moved, then it is a pain free operation. I can usually do it with zero downtime and the users don't even know that anything has happened.

Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE
Amset IT Solutions Ltd.

e: simon@xxxxxxxxxxx
w: www.amset.co.uk
w: www.amset.info

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
Go to http://www.certificatesforexchange.com/ for certificates for just $20 a year.
Now includes SAN certificates for Exchange 2007 for just $59 a year.