RE: Moving Exchange

  • From: "Steven Barnard" <SBarnard@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 08:21:14 +1000

Hi,

I have not moved E2K across hardware, but have migrated from E55 to E2K,
if you are using Outlook, then when a mailbox is moved to the new
server, the old sever will redirect Outlook to the new one, thus
updating the Outlook profile.

So therefore the old server will ned to be on line for a little while
with no mailboxes on it.

Hope this helps.

Steven Barnard           Infrastructure Administrator
email: sbarnard@xxxxxxxxxx        web: www.bcs.org.au
Baptist Community Services      Marsfield, Sydney NSW
Phone: (02) 9941 6053 (ex053)     Fax: (02) 9888 1559