RE: Moving E2K to new machine

  • From: "Koray ARIKAN" <koray.arikan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:55:34 +0300

At the exchange system manager you'll find the Recipient Update
Services. After installing the second server and moving all the
mailboxes to the new one using AD Users and Computers, you'll have to
configure the Update services to point the clients to the new server.
You may disable the exchange services on the initial server after all
the clients (i.e. Outlook) have been restarted at least once and the
users profiles have been updated according to the settings you've
changed at the Update Services properties window. We've made this
transition following an article found on the MS website, though I
couldn't find which one. However, we didn't have any problems during the
transition. We made it during off-time of course.
Regarding the IP addresses, there shouldn't be any considerations. Just
make sure the clients are able to ping it by it's name. That's all.
We made this transition to move from a single server, which was also a
DC as well, to the Exchange cluster server configured active-passive and
the move was swift.
I cannot help you about the ISA server issue, since I am not familiar
with that one. Hope this helps...

Koray