Moving E2K to new machine

  • From: "ikm7176" <ikm7176@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:38:09 -0600

i have a single E2k server, its installed on a one of the DC . i want to
remove this machine from the network and install E2k on a new machine and
want this new machine to be a Member server ( i have other DC's on the
network in the same site). I dont want to loose any e-mails of the users.

i have gone thrro some of the old messages here. i found 2 methods which
are feasable.

1) very well explained in;en-us;q297289. its fine.

2) install a another E2K server and move all the mailboxes to new server.
and remove the old machine.

My question is:

- does the 2 method redirect the clients automatically to the new machine

- is there any article in MS Knowledgebase about the 2 method ?

- what IP addresse should be assigned to the new machine in both the cases

- As My exchange server is published by ISA server. I would like to know
which is the best method to follow without disturbing the Publishing of
E2K through ISA.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.