Re: Moving E2K to a new hardware

  • From: "James Barr" <JamesB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:36:19 +0100

The FSMO roles  ( Flexible Single Master Operation) roles are descibed in;en-us;Q197132

The process of moving them between domain controllers is shown in;en-us;Q255690

I have always used the first method in the past and had no problems.

Only transfer the roles when all DC's are online and leave a few hours after
transfering the roles for everything to sync before using dcpromo to remove
a domain controller. That will allow everything to sync up properly.