[ExchangeList] Re: Moved mailboxes not re-homing

  • From: "Arnold, Jamie" <harnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:23:16 -0500

Here's another issue I'm running up against...maybe one of you has seen
this?

Our org has 2 server.  An older E2K and the new 2003 box.  Some of our
users have devices that use IMAP and/or POP to fetch mail from the
server.  As I move these users to the new box they don't seem to be able
to retrieve mail using those protocols when pointed at the old server.
The newer server will not start IMAP or POP I assume due to it running
on the older box and perhaps it only allowing one instance of each
protocol running in an org.  There are no errors logged when I try to
start the IMAP or POP services on the new box, but they give the "didn't
respond in a timely fashion" message in a popup.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks