Move exchange to new server and licence problem

  • From: "Fabrice" <emouchet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:48:51 +0200

I need to move my exchange server 2003 SP1 (It's the first and single server)
from a DC (owner of all fsmo) to a new member server under Windows 2003 SP1.
- What are the best steps ?
- I an another question about licence. I have only one standard licence for
Exchange 2003. Can i use the same licence temporarily to move the server. ? is
it possible .?

my steps :

- first, installing the new server 2003 SP1.
- next, installing exchange on the new server and join the organisation. -->
can i use the same licence ?
- next, installing the SP2 on the new server exchange  --> Is it possible to
have two different version of SP ?
- next, migrating Mailbox from the first server to the second server (using
- check installation by seninf and receiving mails.
- stop Exchange services on the first server.
- wait few days.
- remove the first exchange server on my organisation.

Is it all right ?

thanks a lot