RE: Move Mailboxes Using 2003

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:55:43 -0500

Should be fine running from an administrative workstation.  It makes some
sense to run from the server itself so you can cut down on the network
traffic and hops, but should work fine. Keep in mind that to run ESM 2K3,
you have to basically install E2K3 (extend schema etc). The requirements
should be in the readme if I recall correctly.  Also, it's typically
recommended that you use the tools with the platform you are running.  I.E.
if you use Windows 2000 Active Directory, then use the Windows 2000 Active
Directory tools and not the 2003 tools to administer it.  Typically this
approach is going to cause less headaches and time troubleshooting.

Al