RE: Move Exchange Database

  • From: "Bob Fronk" <bfronk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:31:52 -0400

Bob Fronk
-----Original Message-----
From: Adel Guia Cruz [mailto:aguia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 2:21 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Move Exchange Database

This is my scenario:

I have two Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition Mail1 and Mail2. Same
organization, administrative group and service pack.

Mail1 is a production server, Mail2 is a test server.

The hard disk where Mail1 database is located fails. I have an online
Backup of Mail1 Exchange Database.

Mail2 don't have any users mailbox.

Can I restore the Exchange Mail1 database in Mail2 server ?

If the names of Storage Groups and Storage of Mail2 match Mail1 can I do
a restore ?

Thanks for any help !!

List Archives: