Re:Move Exch. 2000 server to new hardware - Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses

  • From: Mohammad Saeed <mohammads@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:58:28 +0300

if u want to move the exchange data in same domain (windows domain), it is better to add the new server to your domain as member server then install exchange on it as 2nd exchange server.
Then start moving mailbox normally by exchange task.
for public folder use "Public folder replication"
then make sure for the recipient update and offline address list in system manager are assign to the new server (server3)
after this u can uninstall the old exchange.

sunil shah wrote:

Hi All,

  I have an interesting situation as following.

Currently we have 2 windows 2000 server, one is running DNS, AD, IIS the same is running exchange 2000. Another server is running as Backup Domain controller to have AD copy. Now, my company have bought new server and we need to move the old exchange 2000 to new one. How can I perfume the task. I have read MS article 297289, (How to move exchange 2000 to new hardware and keep the same server name).

  Also I have tried Disaster Recovery process as following but no luck.

(1)     Backup the old server using veritas Backup exec 9

(2) Install New 2000 Server on new machine on a separate LAN (On a new hub only this machine)

(3) Install Veritas Backup exec 9 and restore system state that will give me AD back on my new machine

(4)     Run exchange 2000 with /disaster recovery switch

(5)     Exchange gives me error ( I forget the error message)

If anyone has done this can you please guide me. Thanks to all of you in advance

List Archives:
You are currently subscribed to this Discussion List as: mohammads@xxxxxxxxxx