[ExchangeList] Re: Monitoring rpc/https remotely in Exchange 2003 / 2007

  • From: "Jeffrey Engle" <jeff.engle1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 17:57:08 -0400

Check out IPMonitor www.ipmonitor.com.  It might do what you need.

Jeff

On 6/24/07, Jabber Wock <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

DFoes anyone know of a way to perform automated monitoring of rpc/https for Exchange?  In other words, I would like to test whether RPC/HTTPS is working from a remote location, automatically, every few minutes.  I expect this will require a script running on the external tester which could be a windows or Linux system I guess.  I know how to test port 443 telnet but that is not sufficient, I need to test more in-depth and actually log into a test account over RPC/HTTPC every few minutes.

Any suggestions?  Has anyone written such a script or know of a program that does this?  (the usual commercial monitoring programs that I know of do not handle this as far as I know).

TIA!

JW