Missing email address description for `L_IL` Address Type

  • From: "Damian Martin" <damian.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:24:21 -0700

Would anyone have any idea as what is causing the above error mesage? I am
running Exchange 2003 Standard with the Active Directory Connector into an
Exchange 5.5 site.

The Event ID logged is 2035; and the full text of the message is:
The e-mail address description object in the Microsoft Exchange directory
for the 'L_IL' address type on 'i386' machines is missing.

followed immediately by Event ID 8231; Permanent failure reported by
policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=NICS,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=dhsspsni,DC=local':'MAD.EXE',
error=8000ffff.  Taking provider offline.

The Microsoft Support link says that "a .dll file required for the
generation of the named address type is missing" and that I should copy it
from another server. I have checked all my Exchage servers and they all
have the same .dll files in the Address folder.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Damian Martin
DHSSPS IT Group