Missing AD attributes after stupid ADC mistake

  • From: "Lara, Greg" <GLara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:12:31 -0500

We're upgrading our Exchange 5.5 organization to Exchange 2003. We're
already running Windows 2000 AD in native mode. We have multiple Exchange
sites, but we're starting with our main site, and will roll out/consolidate
regional sites as time and resources permit.

So, I installed ADC on my soon-to-be Exchange 2003 server. Set up the
connection agreements, everything seems fine. However, one user wasn't
picked up correctly, and a new AD account was created to match the Exchange
5.5 mailbox. In my ignorance, I deleted the newly created account, and
ensured that the mailbox was pointing to the correct AD account. I figured I
could manually enable the original AD account. Wrong.

So, now this user's AD account is not Exchange enabled, and further
replication attempts will not populate the msExchADCGlobalNames info into
the user's AD attributes. And since the automatically created account is
gone, I can't copy the msExchADCGlobalNames attributes to the correct
account.

Can anyone provide some direction on this? I haven't found anything on the
net or Microsoft's site about creating these parameters manually.

Thanks.

Greg Lara

prohibited.