Migration from Exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000 and exchange 2003

  • From: rjain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:36:00 -0600

I had to do 2 migration.Both were from NT4.0/Exchange 5.5 to windows
2003/exchange 2000. But I got the problem in windows 2003 when you try to
setup the RCA( receipent connector Aggrement) at windows and exchange TAB.
IThaned for few hours and gave the errror message. Than I setup the lab
and tried again but the same. Than I tried the migration from
NT4.0/exchange5.5 to windows 2000 and exchge 2000. IT seemed to be worked
but I got screwed because one of my domin in the other site has the _ in
his name. And I could not find the solution initially. I deleted the RCA
and reconfigured.So when i recreated the RCA and tried to Migrate the
mailboxes it could not find any mailboxes. Than I rolledover to exhcnage
5.5 on the old server.
Can someone send me the good documentation on migration of
nt4.0.exchange5.5 to windows2000/exchange2000 and
windows2003/exchange2000. I used the article from the microsoft website.It
works for windows 2000 not for windows2003.

ANy help will be appreciated.
Thanks