Migration from 5.5 to 2000 problem

  • From: s.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:05:29 -0000

Hi, we have an old windows 2000 server running 5.5 sp4. We have
about 100 users. I want to install 2000 on a new server and
eventually move all mail etc from the old to the new server. I was
told to run "setup /forestprep /domainprep" on one of our domain
controllers. I did this last week but it is not obvious if it has worked.
1) How do I check to see if it has worked?
2) On reading various articles the subject of an Active Directory
Connector (ADC) has now emerged. Should I have installed this
first? If so how can I get round this now.