Migration from 5.5 to 2000

  • From: "Stalin Peņa" <spena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:51:01 -0700

Hi guys!

Here is the situation that I have, I have a Exchange 5.5 server that is
running on Win NT 4.0 PDC. Our client has just purchased a new server in
which he wants to run windows 2000 and exchange 2000. My beggining
thoughts for migrating this project was to migrate the existing Win NT 4.0
PDC to windows 2000 then joint the new windows 2000 server to the same
domain and run DCPROMO to make it a domain controller of the existing
domain and once that was completed install ADC in the new server and
synchronize exchange 5.5 with AD. Then install exchange 2000 in the new
server and migrate the mailboxes from the old server to the new server.
The problem now is that the old server that is running exchange on the Win
NT 4.0 domain is running out space and I don't have enough space to
upgrade to Windows 2000. Do you know any method that I can use to migrate
from exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 taking in consideration that I will be
migrating into a new server running windows 2000?

P.S.: Thank you in advance!