Migration between exch 5.5 and exch 2003

  • From: Karsten Aarhus <kaa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:45:25 +0100

Hi list,

I have a bit of a problem which I hope you can help me with. !

I have an old Windows NT 4.0 PDC and there is installed Exchange 5.5 sp4 on
it.

I have made a new server with Windows 2000 adv. server and Exchange 2003 and
then I want to run migration wizard to get my users to the new server with
there mails.

But when I run the migration wizard and have type the name of my old
exchange server and the domain\username and password I get an error:
"Invaild Server specified or you do not have the permissions required  to
complete the operation." and in my event log I get the following event id
nr. 7048 error.
I have tried to type the ip adr. instead of the name of the old server but
with no luck.

I have read in the Microsoft knowledge base that there is a problem with the
ldap but I have look double to see if we used another port but we didn't.
I have also read the eventid.net to see if there was any information but
with no luck.

Plz help me.

Venlig hilsen / Best regards
Astralis A/S