RE: Migration advice

  • From: "Sarbjit Singh Gill" <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:54:51 +0800

One more thing Kelvin,

In the Exchange 2003 CD, there is the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
Deployment Tools.

To start the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Deployment Tools

1.

Insert the Exchange Server 2003 CD into your CD-ROM drive.

2.

On the Welcome to Exchange Server 2003 Setup page, click Exchange Deployment
Tools.

3.

If the Welcome to Exchange Server 2003 Setup page does not appear after you
insert your CD, double-click Setup.exe, and then click Exchange Deployment
Tools to begin.

4.

Follow the step-by-step instructions in the Exchange Server Deployment Tools
documentation.

After you start the tools and specify that you want to follow the process
for Coexistence with Exchange 5.5, you are provided with a checklist
detailing the installation steps. This checklist is separated into three
phases:

 (From "Chapter 4 :Migrating from Exchange 5.5", Microsoft Technet)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/f
4e10a4c-ce19-4694-9180-97c04298fe0f.mspx

  _____