RE: Migration advice

  • From: "Sarbjit Singh Gill" <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:48:49 +0800

Greetings Kelvin,

Get new hardware.
Install Windows 2000
Install and setup DNS as secondary DNS to forest root DNS . Verify it is
working fine.
Promote to DC and join Comppany B Forest. Create New Child Domain
("ad.company.com")

Monitor/Diagnostics that all is working well.

Create trust between your NT 4 domain to the new child domain. From here
onwards you could use the many migration manuals/white papers/how tos
microsoft has for migrating NT 4 / Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2003/Exchange
2003
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/default.m
spx.

This is where the information for migration from ex 5.5 is
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/f
4e10a4c-ce19-4694-9180-97c04298fe0f.mspx

Kind Regards
Sarbjit Singh Gill

  _____