RE: Migration From Win2k to Win2k3

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:32:09 -0500

Hi Gautam,
The minimum requirements for your Active Directory is Windows 2000 SP4
for Exchange 2003, and you need to do a Forestprep and Domainprep from
Exchange 2003 install media before adding the first Exchange 2003
server. Also, remember to modify the non RFC compliant attributes by
following the article 314649 in MS KB, before running adprep for Windows
2003. This will help you avoid any conflicting attributes in the schema
later. Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000 can co-exist in the same
organization in either mixed mode or native mode. In order to leverage
full benefits of Exchange 2003, you must have Windows 2003 AD and
Windows 2003 on all Exchange servers.

HTH

Regards,

Raj