[ExchangeList] Migration Exchange 2000 to 2003

  • From: "Mark Meelhuysen" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 23:31:34 +0200

-------------------------------------------------------Hello all,

I migrated an exchange 2000 organisation to Exchange 2003.

i did this by adding a new 2003 server so that we can reinstall the currecnt

I used the move mailbox procedure to move the mailboxes. Now I have noticed
that everything is moved well , but that the size of the STM file has not
increased. On the old server it was  about 3 gb big, now only a couple of
mb. instead there are a lot of *.log files... are these the messages that
were in the STM file before?
And did I use the wrong procedure/tool?

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: