RE: Migrating from Multiple domains in 5.5 to 2003

  • From: "Alex Gonzalez" <AGonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 12:26:47 -0400

Ignore this I figured it out.

________________________________

From: Alex Gonzalez [mailto:AGonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thu 8/4/2005 12:01 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Migrating from Multiple domains in 5.5 to 2003

http://www.MSExchange.org/

We are migrating away from a 5.5 SMTP front end to a 2003 server.  Currently on
the 5.5 server under routing, we are accepting for multiple domains.  Not all
the users on the Exchange 2003 DB server are members of the same domain.  There
is a trust between the 2 domains.  The recipient policy on the 2003 DB servers
does not contain the other domains that are listed in the 5.5 server.  What is
the best way to set this up so that not everyone in the org shares the same
SMTP addresses? Only the people in proper domains have the proper addresses.
If I change the recipient policies it will reflect on all users and we dont
want that because then the users in the other domains will have the wrong
default domain.

I hope I explained this good enough.

Thanks