[ExchangeList] Re: Migrating an Exchange 2003 server from one AD to another AD

  • From: "Jabber Wock" <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:25:53 -0500

Michael,

Thanks!  Yes please send me technet links on cross-forest migration.

JW

On Jan 4, 2008 12:32 PM, Michael B. Smith <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You cannot change the name of an Exchange Server.

You cannot move an Exchange Server from one domain to another.

Your best bet, in my opinion, would probably be a cross-forest mailbox migration to a new server. Technet has a fair bit of information about that. Holler back if you can't find it.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith

MCSE/Exchange MVP

http://TheEssentialExchange.com